Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


Today is a time for families  and friends to gather and celebrate with lots of food.  Like any holiday it can be stressful if all the work and entertaining falls to mainly one person.    I hope that everyone has a happy or contented holiday this year.  For those that work today, I have worked many a holiday, don’t forget to make a holiday on another day.  
It is a time for traditions, football, Christmas movies, and preparation for Christmas shopping.  I like listening to and catching glimpses of the Macy’s Parade as I make whatever preparations I am doing in the kitchen.  And I like to take it easy when I can.
I was thinking about Thanksgiving and I thought what can I share than hasn’t been shared before?  I decided there really wasn’t anything new and maybe that is the point, holidays repeat.  Holidays are there so that every year we can take a break, celebrate, reconnect with others and consider  holiday purpose.  So the meaning must need repeating as much as the break.  I see giving thanks for blessings as part appreciation and positive attitude.   May we all find a lot to be Thankful for this year and in the years to come.
http://i42.tinypic.com/28i6exx.jpg

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home