Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aging

I am getting older. I know that we all are aging every day after our birth; that the only alternative is death; but after a certain age I don't like it anymore. I moved up a year the end of last month. My mom has her birthday tomorrow. While I know that aging is unavoidable certain ages are more desirable than others. People look forward to 18, and then 21; 29 and 39 people always assume you are lying when you say your age. Some ages are more mile stones than others. Two years ago I turned 43 and my mom turned 86. So for me this was a time of evaluation. I don’t think I could have dealt with a new born then and a toddler now. Her history gives me a window into the future. Ages when you expected to achieve a goal or reaching the age when a loved one died can be mile stones. I plan that 45 is going to be a renewal, a new beginning. I hope I can help 88 be a good year for my mom. As we all head toward that 100 year marker; what are some of the milestones in your life?

http://i42.tinypic.com/28i6exx.jpg

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

It's funny, most people have a tough time with 30. My toughest birthday so far was 25. In my mind I had built it up to be the age where no one sees you as a kid anymore. Your a full fledged adult now with no other birthdays to look forward to. Now that I'm almost 10 years past that milestone I realize my pessimism was out of control but I still see it as my worst birthday.

August 6, 2010 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Susan G. Haws said...

Monique,
I really looked forward to 25 maybe because my birthday is on the 25th, but I also also was like you and thought that was the year I would arive at true adulthood and success. I am not sure which one was best or worst but I still hope for better. Thanks for your your thoughts.

August 7, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home